Frequently Asked Questions
Below are frequently asked questions related to affirmative action
- Who Must Comply With Affirmative Action Regulations?
- OFCCP Audits
- Affirmative Action Program Development
- Applicant Tracking
- Recordkeeping and Retention
- Regulatory Filings
Who Must Comply With Affirmative Action Regulations?
- Who must develop affirmative action programs?
- What is a government contractor/subcontractor?
- Do construction contractors have to develop affirmative action programs?
- Do affiliated or subsidiary facilities of the Company not performing work related to the fulfillment of the government contract/subcontract have to comply with the regulations?
- We are a covered government contractor and are required to have an affirmative action program. However, we haven't prepared one or the one we have is several years old. What should we do if the OFCCP asks us for prior year affirmative action programs?
- We are not aware of any government contracts or subcontracts held by our Company. What should we do if the OFCCP asks us for our affirmative action programs and supporting documentation?
- We have received a letter from the OFCCP instructing the Company to submit its affirmative action program with certain data for a desk audit within 30 days. Will the OFCCP grant an extension of time for those submissions?
- What penalties can the OFCCP impose if we are not in compliance?
Affirmative Action Program Development
- When must affirmative action programs be developed?
- My total workforce exceeds 50 employees, but I have some facilities with fewer than 50 employees. Do I have to prepare a separate affirmative action program for each facility?
- Are there any mandatory referral sources I must notify when I have job openings?
- How do I handle reporting for employees who are physically present at one location but organizationally report to a different location?
- Who is an applicant?
- How do I obtain race, gender, veteran and disability status of potential applicants?
Recordkeeping and Retention
- What types of employment activity records must I maintain to comply with the regulations and develop an affirmative action program?
- What records relevant to job seekers must I maintain?
- How long do I have to retain records related to affirmative action?
- Do I have to file a Vets-100 report and, if so, when must this be filed?
- Do I have to file a Standard Form 100 (EEO-1 Report) and, if so, when must this be filed?
Helpful LinksThese links are to external pages and are provided as a convenience. They do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Precision Planning.
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
EEO-1 Report online filing and instructions
Vets-100 and 100A Report online filing
Find your state's workforce agency online
Employment eligibility verification
OFCCP enforced laws, regulations and guidance documents